Terms And Conditions Agreement
Terms And Conditions Agreement
2. Health Information Disclaimer. The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. The Content is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as a recommendation for a specific treatment plan, product, course of action or medical or healthcare provider. THE SITE DOES NOT OFFER MEDICAL ADVICE AND NOTHING CONTAINED IN THE CONTENT IS INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE PROFESSIONAL ADVICE FOR MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT OR TO ADVOCATE OR RECOMMEND THE PURCHASE OR SELECTION OF ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE OR TO ENDORSE OR GUARANTEE THE QUALIFICATIONS, CREDENTIALS OR APPROPRIATENESS OF ANY HEALTH CARE PROVIDER LINKED TO OR ADVERTISED ON THIS SITE. Acton Medical and its Third Party Providers do not endorse any product or service on the Site. You should not use the Site to diagnose a health or fitness problem or disease. Use of the Site does not replace medical consultations with a qualified health or medical professional to meet the health and medical needs of you or any other party. You exercise your own judgment when using any product or selecting a physician through this Site and/or any Third Party Site and we disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health provider referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. We strongly urge you to visit with a physician or health professional if you suspect you are ill. Never disregard the medical advice of a physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read in the Content.
3. Ownership. You acknowledge that all materials provided on this Site, including but not limited to the Content, information, documents, products, software, logos, graphics, sounds, images, and services, are provided either by Acton Medical or by its respective third party authors, developers and vendors (“Third Party Providers”) and the underlying intellectual property rights are owned by Acton Medical and/or its Third Party Providers. Elements of the Site are protected by copyright, trade dress and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. All product names, company names, marks, logos, and symbols may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
4. License. We hereby grant you, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the right to view and use this Site. You may download and/or print a copy of the Content for your personal and non-commercial use only (the “Permitted Uses”) provided the Content is not modified in any way and all copyright and other proprietary notices are kept intact. You agree to use the Content lawfully and only for the Permitted Uses. No other use of the Content is permitted. Permission to reprint or electronically reproduce any document or graphic in whole or in part for any other purpose is expressly prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from the respective copyright holder(s). Furthermore, you may not sell, resell, modify, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, frame or create derivative works of or otherwise exploit for any commercial purpose the Site or any portion thereof without our prior written consent in each instance.
5. Trademarks. All of the trademarks, service marks, and logos displayed on this Site (the “Trademarks”) are registered and unregistered trademarks of Acton Medical, its affiliates, or third parties. Nothing in this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right in and to the Trademarks without our express written permission or the express written permission of the applicable third party. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, any use of the Trademarks is expressly prohibited.
7. Usage Rules. As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree that you will not use the Content for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement. We reserve the right to deny you access to any and all parts of this Site for any reason, and at our sole discretion. This Site may provide opportunities to provide us feedback regarding the Site and our various offerings and other unsolicited submissions (collectively “Unsolicited Information”). You may only provide Unsolicited Information that conforms to the terms of this Agreement. We welcome your comments and feedback concerning the Site, but we do not accept or consider other unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new advertising campaigns, new promotions, new technologies, processes, materials or marketing plans. Accordingly, please do not send such unsolicited ideas to us. You are responsible for material that is sent through your account to any “discussion” group, bulletin board or similar public area (“Public Information”) available through the Site. By providing Public Information or Unsolicited Information, you thereby grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, fully paid up and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publicly display, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works from, transfer, sublicense and sell such Public Information or Unsolicited Information This Site is intended for an adult audience and CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN ARE NOT PERMITTED TO SUBMIT ANY PUBLIC INFORMATION OR UNSOLICITED INFORMATION. The communities and newsgroup discussions on this Site are not guaranteed to be monitored for unacceptable use, nor will any statements made in the communities and newsgroup discussions be authenticated or endorsed by us. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you expressly acknowledge and agree that the following rules shall apply to your use of the Site.
- You may not permit any other person (other than an agent acting on your behalf and subject to your direct supervision) to access the Site using your account for any purpose.
- You may not post or transmit any message which is libelous, defamatory or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person other than yourself. You may not post or transmit any message, data, image or program which is indecent, obscene or pornographic.
- You may not post or transmit any message, data, image or program that would violate the property rights of others, including unauthorized copyrighted text, images or programs, trade secrets or other confidential proprietary information, and trademarks or service marks used in an infringing fashion.
- You may not interfere with other users’ use of the Site, including, without limitation, disrupting the normal flow of dialogue in a communities or newsgroup discussion.
- You may not post or transmit any file which contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other contaminating or destructive features.
- You may not post or transmit any message which is harmful, threatening, abusive or hateful. It is not our intent to discourage users from taking controversial positions or expressing vigorously what may be unpopular views; however, we reserve the right to take such action as we deem appropriate in cases where the Content is being used to disseminate statements which are deeply and widely offensive and/or harmful. However, we are not obligated to take any action.
- You may not post or transmit charity requests, petitions for signatures, chain letters or letters relating to pyramid schemes. You may not post or transmit any advertising, promotional materials or any other solicitation of other users to use goods or services except in those areas (e.g., a classified bulletin board) that are designated for such purpose and you must adhere to any applicable policies.
8. Review of Postings & Uploads. Acton Medical does not and cannot review all communications and materials posted or uploaded to the Site and is not responsible for the content of these communications and materials. MESSAGES, ADVICE, OPINIONS OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED IN ANY DISCUSSION AREA SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OR INSTRUCTION.
9. Procedures for Claimed Copyright Infringement. We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and ask that you do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, please provide the following information to our agent:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed
- a description of where the material you claim is infringing is located on the Site
- your address, telephone number, and email address
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- A statement made by you, under the penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or duly authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf
10. Advertising, Linking and Framing. The Site may contain links to web sites operated by other parties (the “Third Party Sites”). The links to Third Party Sites are provided for your convenience only. We do not control such Third Party Sites and we are not responsible for the content and performance of these Third Party Sites or for your transactions with them. Our inclusion of links to such Third Party Sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such Third Party Sites or any association with their operators. Acton Medical and its Third Party Providers do not recommend or endorse the content on any Third Party Sites. Acton Medical is not responsible for the content of linked Third Party Sites, sites framed within the Acton Medical Site, or third party advertisements on the Site, and does not make any representations regarding their content or accuracy. Your use of Third Party Sites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such sites. Acton Medical and its Third Party Providers do not endorse any products or services presented on the Site.
- Geographic Disclaimer. The Site is administered by Acton Medical from Acton, Massachusetts and is intended for users who are US residents. Access to the Site and the Content may not be legal for some persons or in some countries outside the United States. If you elect to access and use the Site and Content from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk and are solely responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENT ABOUT THE SUITABILITY FOR ANY PURPOSE OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SERVICE. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE TIMELINESS, VALIDITY, COMPLETENESS OR ACCURACY OF THE CONTENT. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH REGARD TO THE CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND ALL OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE AVAILABILITY OF THIS SITE, LACK OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER CODE THAT MANIFEST CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES, OR ANY FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE SITE. ALTHOUGH WE MAY UPDATE THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE FROM TIME TO TIME, PLEASE NOTE THAT MEDICAL INFORMATION CHANGES RAPIDLY. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE INFORMATION MAY BE OUT OF DATE AND/OR MAY CONTAIN INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THESE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Acton Medical, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers, partners, advertisers and suppliers (the “Acton Medical Parties”) from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorney’s fees, resulting from (a) provision of Unsolicited Information by you, or (b) your use of the Content or Site; and/or (c) your breach of the terms of this Agreement, (including infringement of third parties’ worldwide intellectual property rights or negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the Site using your service account.
13. WAIVER, RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT NONE OF THE ACTON MEDICAL PARTIES SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY OR INDEMNITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE. YOU HEREBY RELEASE AND FOREVER WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST THE ACTON MEDICAL PARTIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CLAIMS BASED UPON THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY OF THE ACTON MEDICAL PARTIES) FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES YOU SUSTAIN IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPH, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF THE ACTON MEDICAL PARTIES, IF ANY, FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES SHALL NOT EXCEED THE FEES PAID BY THE USER TO ACTON MEDICAL FOR THE PARTICULAR INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED. IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY OF THE ACTON MEDICAL PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES OTHER THAN THE AMOUNT REFERRED TO ABOVE. ALL OTHER DAMAGES, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE ARISING FROM ANY USE OF THE INFORMATION OR OTHER PARTS OF THE SITE ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED EVEN IF ACTON MEDICAL PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
NONE OF THE ACTON MEDICAL PARTIES WILL BE LIABLE OR HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITY OF ANY KIND FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT YOU INCUR IN THE EVENT OF ANY FAILURE OR INTERRUPTION OF THIS SITE, OR RESULTING FROM THE ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN MAKING THIS SITE OR THE DATA CONTAINED THEREIN AVAILABLE TO YOU, OR FROM ANY OTHER CAUSE RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS THE SITE OR THESE MATERIALS, WHETHER OR NOT THE CIRCUMSTANCES GIVING RISE TO SUCH CAUSE MAY HAVE BEEN WITHIN THE CONTROL OF ANY OF THE ACTON MEDICAL PARTIES
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AS SET FORTH ABOVE, SO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION DOES NOT APPLY TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE, FOR ANY REASON, THAN UNDER THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES, THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE ACTON MEDICAL PARTIES SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED ($100) DOLLARS IN THE AGGREGATE. IF ANY REMEDY HEREUNDER IS DETERMINED TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE; ALL LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY, AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY SHALL REMAIN IN EFFECT.
14. Third Party Rights. The provisions of paragraphs 12 (Indemnification) and 13 (Waiver, Release and Limitation of Liability) are for the benefit of the Acton Medical Parties. Each of the Acton Medical Parties shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
15. User Representations. You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and that you possess the legal right and ability to enter into this Agreement and to use the Site in accordance with this Agreement. You agree to be financially responsible for your use of the Site (as well as for use of your account by others (whether authorized or unauthorized), including use by any minors living with you) and to comply with your responsibilities and obligations as stated in this Agreement.
16. Miscellaneous. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regarding provisions relating to conflicts of law. You agree that any legal action or proceeding between Acton Medical and you for any purpose concerning this Agreement or the parties’ obligations under this Agreement shall be brought exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, United States, and by accessing the Site you consent to the personal jurisdiction of any state or federal court located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to the Site and/or this Agreement must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between Acton Medical and you with respect to your access and use of the Site. Any failure by us to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of this Agreement. We may assign our rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you.
17. Notice. We may deliver notice to you under this Agreement by means of electronic mail, a general notice on the Site, or by written communication delivered by first class U. S. mail to your address on record in your account information, if any. You may give notice to us at any time by letter delivered by first class postage prepaid U. S. mail or overnight courier to the following address:
Acton Medical Associates, P.C.
321 Main Street
Acton, MA 01720
18. Severability. The provisions of this Agreement are severable, and in the event any provision hereof is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not in any way affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
©2007 Acton Medical Associates, P.C., All Rights Reserved
Privacy and Protection of Personal Information