COVID-19 Education and Resources
Acton Medical partners with the DPH to ensure accurate and valuable infectious diseases data is shared with the public.
Our COVID-19 Task Force is dedicated to providing on-going resources to help people understand the virus, and further support good health & wellness in our communities.
Treatment for COVID-19 now available through the state without a physician order!
- Monoclonal antibody therapy: Call (508) 213-1380 to speak with a Gothams representative. If you’re eligible for COVID-19 treatment, they can schedule an infusion appointment for you at one of their 7 sites in Massachusetts. Gothams COVID-19 Self-Referral Treatment Line is open Monday-Saturday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Telehealth is available for individuals 18 or older living in Massachusetts who are positive for COVID-19 and are experiencing symptoms. Learn more at mass.gov/CovidTelehealth. Telehealth is a quick and easy way to see if Paxlovid, a COVID-19 treatment pill taken, is right for you. If it is, we’ll arrange for pickup at your local pharmacy or free overnight delivery.
COVID-19 Testing at Acton Medical
We are unable to provide convenience testing, or a doctor’s order for a COVID test.
Convenience testing is a non-clinical service, it includes tests for traveling out-of-state and college requirements. Massachusetts offers convenience testing, click here for more details.
Acton Medical only offers testing to current patients with symptoms or documented contact. Have symptoms or documented contact? Current patients, click here to request a COVID-19 test.
FDA COVID-19 Treatment Fact Sheet for Patients, Parents, and Caregivers
- Fact Sheet for Patients, Parents And Caregivers Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of EVUSHELD™ (tixagevimab co-packaged with cilgavimab) for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of Sotrovimab for the Treatment of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)New Treatment and Post Exposure
- Paxlovid Patient Fact Sheet 03/18/2022 (fda.gov)
- Molnupiravir Patient Fact Sheet (merck.com)
- Patients, Parents and Caregivers Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of Bebtelovimab for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Fact Sheet (fda.gov)
Mass.gov COVID-19 Testing and Vaccine
- COVID-19 Testing in Mass.: Symptoms, when to get tested, locations, and how to handle positive results.
- Mass. Vaccination Information and Locations: The three delivery phases, distribution timeline, and priorities in place to protect essential workers and vulnerable individuals.
Mass.gov COVID-19 Response, Cases, and Travel Guidance
- Mass. COVID-19 Updates and Dashboard: Daily and aggregate data from the state including CDC case counts across the nation, updates from the Governor, emergency orders, and more.
- Mass. COVID-19 Response: All facets of the Massachusetts response to COVID-19.
- Mass. Travel Order: Requirements for residents leaving and returning to the state.
COVID-19 Quarantine and Isolation Guides
- Current CDC guidance
- Mass.gov Information and Guidance for Persons in Quarantine due to COVID-19: Mass. requirements for those in quarantine to help prevent the spread of the virus to the public.
- Mass.gov COVID-19: When to Quarantine: Know when to isolate due to close contact with COVID-19.
- Quick Tips – What to Know if Diagnosed with COVID-19: Quick facts about COVID-19 testing and antibodies, created by Acton Medical.
Caring for Someone with Symptoms
- CDC. gov Caring for Someone Sick at Home: Advice from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to help people taking caring of someone with symptoms, who received a positive test result.
Pediatrics and COVID-19
Pediatric COVID-19 Guide, January 14 Edition
Given high levels of community transmission of COVID-19, we are experiencing unprecedented call volumes and portal messages related to the ongoing pandemic as well as requests for office visits. In order to best serve our patients and alleviate some of the demand, we have created this guide to answer many of your questions and minimize the need for patients to contact our office.
- At-home Tips and Resources for Parents while Isolating: Created by Acton Medical Pediatricians, tips on how to talk about the virus, a favorite on-line sing along, and ideas for taking things offline.
- Common Questions from Parents of Teens During COVID-19: Three common questions with answers from Acton Medical’s Behavioral Health team.
- School Reopening FAQs by the American Academy of Pediatrics: From the AAP, two resources to help families navigate the different scenarios they may encounter while going back to school during COVID-19.