COVID-19 Education and Resources
Booster Shot Update
Vaccine Unavailable at Acton Medical
Covid-19 vaccination locations can be found at Mass.gov or on pharmacy websites. Our Pediatrics Team recommends the vaccine for patients age 12 and above.
As part of our commitment to providing high quality care and service to our patients, we offer the below resources from Mass.gov and Acton Medical health care teams to help families stay informed and healthy.
Acton Medical COVID-19 Testing
We are unable to provide convenience testing, or a doctor’s order for a test. Convenience testing is a non-clinical service, and includes tests for traveling out-of-state and college entry requirements. The state offers convenience testing, see link to “Testing in Mass.” below. Acton Medical is testing patients with symptoms or documented contact by appointment only. The CDC lists the symptoms that may indicate a person should seek medical care, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html. Patients with symptoms or documented contact should call (978) 635-8700 for a COVID-19 test.¬†¬†
Mass.gov COVID-19 Testing and Vaccine
- COVID-19 Testing in Mass.: Symptoms, when to get tested, locations, and how to handle positive results.
- Mass. Vaccination Information and Locations: The three delivery phases, distribution timeline, and priorities in place to protect essential workers and vulnerable individuals.
- Acton Medical Pediatrics recommends the vaccine for patients ages 12 and above.
Mass.gov COVID-19 Response, Cases, and Travel Guidance
COVID-19 Quarantine and Isolation Guides
Caring for Someone with Symptoms
- CDC. gov Caring for Someone Sick at Home: Advice from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to help people taking caring of someone with symptoms, who received a positive test result.
- *Boost Your Immune System with Food: A short podcast with Acton Medical’s, Liz Berman, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Emerson Hospital. To Listen, click the link and then scroll down to click on “How to Boost Your Immune System – With Food.”
Pediatrics and COVID-19
Email PatientRelations@actonmedical.com with questions about any of the above resources.