Acton Medical Associates seeks a multi-talented individual to provide administrative support to our healthcare providers. The Administrative Assistant relieves providers of administrative and business details by performing the following duties:
- Acts as an intermediary between provider and patient by processing forms, transferring medical records, copying, faxing and sending correspondence and generating normal lab letters as directed by the providers for continuity of care.
- Transcribes outgoing correspondence and routes incoming correspondence appropriately; emails medical correspondence to patient via the patient portal.
- Greets patients, on the phone and in person, and ascertains their needs. Assists patients with requests for medical information.
- Develops an extensive knowledge of Allscripts EMR, Microsoft Word, Follow My Health and other software programs used by AMA.
- Maintains Protected Health Information (PHI) confidentiality following HIPAA privacy and security rules.
- Provides excellent service to both patients and providers.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school; or 6 months to 1 year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a medical office or hospital setting preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and perform under pressure.
- Electronic medical record and practice management software experience a plus.
- Must be able to type accurately at a minimum rate of 50 wpm.
HOURS: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (32 hours/week). This position is classified as full-time.