Job Description and Requirements
Acton Medical Associates seeks a per diem medical assistant for their Internal Medicine department. The Medical Assistant will provide clinical support to physicians and other clinical staff, assist in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician and ensure that the clinical environment is cleaned, stocked, and ready for patient care.
Graduate of Medical Assistant Program; Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
Minimum 1 year experience in medical office practice setting.
Able to accurately take vital signs and perform phlebotomy.
Certification in basic life support.
Excellent customer service skills required.
Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and perform under pressure.
Electronic medical record and practice management software experience a plus.
Acton Medical Associates seeks a multi-talented individual to provide administrative support to our healthcare providers. The medical secretary provides information to callers, types dictation and otherwise relieves providers of clerical work and minor administrative and business details by performing the following duties:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school; or 6 months to 1 year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to type accurately at a minimum rate of 50 wpm.
- Acts as an intermediary between provider and patient by processing forms, transferring medical records, copying, faxing and sending correspondence and generating normal lab letters as directed by the providers for continuity of care.
- Transcribes outgoing correspondence and routes incoming correspondence appropriately; emails medical correspondence to patient via the patient portal.
- Greets patients, on the phone and in person, and ascertains their needs. Assists patients with requests for medical information.
- Develops an extensive knowledge of Allscripts EMR, Microsoft Word, Follow My Health and other software programs used by AMA.
- Maintains Protected Health Information (PHI) confidentiality following HIPAA privacy and security rules. Understands that any breach of PHI must be reported immediately to the Manager and HIPAA Officer.
- Provides excellent service to both patients and providers.
HOURS: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (32 hours/week). This position is classified as full-time.
Patient Services Representative
Acton Medical Associates has a full-time opening in our busy pediatric practice for a Patient Services Representative. The Patient Services Representative takes care of the beginning and end of the appointment process for the patient. This position is vital to giving the patient the customer service and treatment they deserve as soon as they walk into our facility. In this role, the Patient Services Representative greets the patient, verifies insurance, confirms patient demographics, accepts co-payments and makes follow-up appointments if necessary. These are just some of the important responsibilities the Patient Services Representative has to ensure our patients enjoy the best healthcare experience possible. This position requires excellent communication, computer and phone skills and the ability to multi-task.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school education or general degree (GED).
- Previous experience in a medical office or hospital setting and excellent customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and perform under pressure a must.
- Electronic medical record and practice management software experience a plus.
The primary focus of the phlebotomist position is ordering, collecting and specimen processing. The ideal candidate must have the degree of skill, education, training, experience required to collect and process specimens for performing high complexity testing and be able to consistently provide the highest quality laboratory service to our patients and medical providers. The Phlebotomist’s, duties include, but are not limited to, phlebotomy, lab reception, lab appointments, specific moderate and waived testing, facility management, lab order management, supply ordering and stocking, lab related customer service and special projects.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED.
- Successful completion of a certified phlebotomy program.
- A minimum of one-year routine and pediatric phlebotomy experience is desirable.
RNs/LPNs, Internal Medicine
- Current Massachusetts licensing and CPR certification required.
- Experience with phone triage in a group practice preferred.
- Electronic medical record and practice management software knowledge a plus.
- Weekend and holiday rotation required.