Job Description and Requirements
Help Desk Supervisor
We seek a multi-talented individual to provide computer and telecommunication support for providers and staff. This is the perfect entry level supervisory opportunity for an energetic, inquisitive, eager learner who has a can-do attitude and is looking to expand his/her IT skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the day to day operations of the help desk department.
- Responsible for desktop and laptop support.
- Provides computer training and support to providers and staff.
- Works with contracted hardware and computer vendors to trouble-shoot and repair laptop and desktop computers.
- Responsible for phone system support including, adds, moves and changes. Works with phone equipment vendor to troubleshoot telecom problems at the server level.
- Responsible for maintaining Active Directory Accounts including file permissions.
- Responsible for maintaining Exchange email accounts.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree or two years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office; Windows 7 and Windows 10. The ideal candidate will also have a working knowledge of Microsoft Server, Microsoft Exchange and network trouble-shooting skills.
- Certification and/or training in the following areas: electronics, telecommunications, networking, cabling, PC repair.
Call Center Representative
We are looking for full time Call Center Representatives to join our busy practice. This position requires excellent communication, computer and phone skills and the ability to multi-task. In this role, the Call Center Representative speaks to patients on the phone, confirms patient demographic and insurance information, makes appointments and obtains the proper information for referral requests. A key responsibility of the Call Center Representative is to ensure our patients receive the best possible customer service.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
High school education or general degree (GED) or one year or more of related experience in the medical field or equivalent of education and experience.
Previous medical receptionist experience and/or background are desirable. Previous public contact may be substituted.
Clinical Applications Administrator
The Clinical Applications Administrator provides clinical systems expertise and support for our electronic healthcare systems (EMR, PMS and LIS). Candidate will define, monitor and refine workflows to ensure excellence in provider support and patient care. Responsibilities include systems design, maintenance, implementation, training and development.
- A Clinical Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years relevant systems experience required (RN is desired).
- Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of clinical practices and principles typically gained through graduating from an accredited school of nursing.
- The qualified candidate will have a background as a Clinical Application Specialist who has worked on EMR and/or Patient Care projects, or a clinical background with a strong interest and aptitude for technology.
- Experience with incentive based programs and quality initiatives.
- Participation in clinical information systems implementation cycle preferred.
- Experience with word processing and spreadsheets.
The Coding Specialist has knowledge of third party billing procedures across a variety of payer systems and has specific expertise in ICD-9, CPT-4 and HCPCS coding in a general medical practice environment. In addition, the Coding Specialist has a complete grasp and working knowledge of E&M coding in a Pediatric and Internal Medicine large practice. This position is responsible for completing chart review audits concerning physician billing practices by using established industry guidelines and assisting in the development of a monthly newsletter for our physicians.
The coder has the primary responsibility of reviewing and submitting charges on a daily basis, assisting with coding audits and MD training support, providing feedback to the clinical staff on coding issues, reviewing denials and patient complaints related to coding , meeting month end closing schedules and completing special research projects.
The Coding Specialist also works closely with the medical staff, educating them on DCGs (Diagnostic Cost Groups) to ensure the patient health status is accurately reflected.
This position is a support role for this organization and as such the individual in this position is required to carry out each duty in a positive low key manner to ensure the effectiveness of this position and understand we work in a collaborative team environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent.
Three to five years experience in medical coding.
Some third party billing experience preferred.
Strong command of medical terminology.
Certification as a medical coder preferred, but not required.
In depth knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 and HCPCS, along with an awareness
of ICD-10 coding changes.
Medical Billing experience.
Allscripts EMR or other electronic health record system.
Typing or data entry experience.
Attention to detail.
Excellent communication skills.
Acton Medical Associates seeks a multi-talented individual to provide administrative support to our healthcare providers. The medical secretary provides information to callers, types dictation and otherwise relieves providers of clerical work and minor administrative and business details by performing the following duties:
- Acts as an intermediary between provider and patient by processing forms, transferring medical records, copying, faxing and sending correspondence and generating normal lab letters as directed by the providers for continuity of care.
- Transcribes outgoing correspondence and routes incoming correspondence appropriately; emails medical correspondence to patient via the patient portal.
- Greets patients, on the phone and in person, and ascertains their needs. Assists patients with requests for medical information.
- Develops an extensive knowledge of Allscripts EMR, Microsoft Word, Follow My Health and other software programs used by AMA.
- Maintains Protected Health Information (PHI) confidentiality following HIPAA privacy and security rules. Understands that any breach of PHI must be reported immediately to the Manager and HIPAA Officer.
- Provides excellent service to both patients and providers.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school; or 6 months to 1 year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to type accurately at a minimum rate of 50 wpm.
HOURS: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. (30 hours/week). This position is classified as full-time.
The primary focus of the phlebotomist position is ordering, collecting and specimen processing. The ideal candidate must have the degree of skill, education, training, experience required to collect and process specimens for performing high complexity testing and be able to consistently provide the highest quality laboratory service to our patients and medical providers. The Phlebotomist’s, duties include, but are not limited to, phlebotomy, lab reception, lab appointments, specific moderate and waived testing, facility management, lab order management, supply ordering and stocking, lab related customer service and special projects.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED.
- Successful completion of a certified phlebotomy program.
- A minimum of one-year routine and pediatric phlebotomy experience is desirable.
RNs/LPNs, Internal Medicine
- Current Massachusetts licensing and CPR certification required.
- Experience with phone triage in a group practice preferred.
- Electronic medical record and practice management software knowledge a plus.
- Weekend and holiday rotation required.